Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. If you contact us directly, we may request additional information about you such as your name, customer ID Card, subscriber number, email address, phone number, IP address, equipment serial number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide or when we may ask for.
When you register for an Account on our website, we may ask for your contact information such as name, surname, company name, current address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information that we collected for the followings:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Our administrative, employment, and management activities
- The services and benefits that we provide (including through third parties)
- Monitoring, evaluating and improving our performance and effectiveness
- Provide safe, secure, and trustful services
- Provide an appropriate level of service support
- Ensure that we can comply with government requirements and expectations (including societal and other outcomes and in relation to emergency and public health measures)
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including customer service to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Further communicate with you by means that suits its purposes
- Find and prevent fraud where legal provisions are required
- Log Files
Best Telecom Company Limited follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information. Information will be stored for as long as legally mandated under the laws of the Lao PDR as may be changed by the Government from time to time.
Cookies and Web Beacons
To make sure our *website is properly functional, we sometimes place small data files on your computer or mobile devices, known as cookies. A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server, and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the content of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It contains anonymous information, such as a unique identifier, the site name, digits, and characters. Cookies allow websites to remember information, such as your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
How Best Telecom Company Limited disclosed personal data
Best Telecom Company Limited will never sell your personal data to third parties without your knowledge. However, Best Telecom Company Limited may disclose your personal data in the following situations:
- You have explicitly agreed to the disclosure:
Best Telecom Company Limited may share your personal information with other companies at Best’s sole discretion and liable with privacy-related policies by Best and laws of Lao PDR;
- Disclose your personal information to Business Group or other subsidiaries or authorized cooperating third parties of Best Telecom Company Limited:
Best Telecom Company Limited may need to provide you with certain services through some cooperating parties. Therefore, Best Telecom Company Limited may share some of your personal information with cooperating parties to enrich our services and improve your overall experience. For example, when you decide to purchase Best Telecom Company Limited products online, Best Telecom Company Limited will need to submit your personal information to relevant logistic service providers to allow them to deliver the products to you, or allow our cooperating parties to provide you with other services. Best Telecom Company Limited forbids all Best Telecom Company Limited subsidiaries or authorized third parties to use the shared personal information for any other purposes.
- Disclose your personal information under legal requirements:
Best Telecom Company Limited may disclose your personal information when required by the law, legal proceedings, litigation, or public, governmental authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed to transaction parties under circumstances that Best Telecom Company Limited is involved in such as reorganization, merger, or insolvency liquidation.
Note that Best Telecom Company Limited has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found on the browsers’ respective websites.
General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Best Telecom Company Limited does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Best Telecom Company Limited may update or amend this Policy from time to time. Best Telecom Company Limited will generally try to notify you of significant changes through different channels before the changes come into effect. Please check for the latest version of this Policy on our official website.